Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st day of school

Yesterday was Hailey's first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited for the day! The night before she picked out her favorite outfit to wear to the first day of school down to what socks and bow she wanted. It was really cute. We took some pictures at home of her with each of us. (Dan has been sick with strep, so he stayed a little further away) We jumped in the car and I asked Hailey if she needed help with her seat belt and she said, "No mom I am a kindergartner I do not need help." When we got to school Hailey was very excited to be there.. I was not. I have been dreading this day for a while now and so has Ethan. I am truly excited for her, but sad that I will not get to see her as much as I have always been able. I was doing fine walking down the hall until a friend says... "Are you ready for this?" That was all that I needed for the tears to start flowing! Hailey didn't notice me crying which was nice. She was skipping off into her classroom when I grabbed her arm for one last goodbye hug and kiss... unfortunately I gouged her arm with my fingernail and made her bleed! That is when she started to cry! After a few minutes of tender loves and reassurance from her teacher, she was ready to go. Ethan and I came back to spend the lunch hour with her. It was fun to see her be so independent as she took the lunch tray through the line. When I picked her up from school she ran to me with a big smile and told me about the 3 recesses that she had, the friends she met and the art project that she did. I sure love this little girl. She is growing up so fast!



Hailey ready to go out the door to school!



Outside the classroom waiting for the bell to ring!
We tried to get a good picture outside of the school but the sun was in a bad spot... she is still cute though!
Hailey at her first school lunch. Corndogs, YUM!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I can't believe she is already in Kindergarten!! Crazy!! She is so cute! She looks just like you!