Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Queen for the day

As many of you know, Hailey went to dance competition this past weekend. We had a great time with the entire experience. She was VERY excited to go and the results were great. I was worried that she would be scared or nervous.. but she was not!! She was so excited she almost didn't know how to contain herself. She wanted to get ready over 3 hours early!! She also got to sit and watch her BFF Lainey do her solo and get her award before she went. We intentionally entered them in different categories so that they would not have to compete against each other. This first picture is of Hailey waiting for her turn to go on with her Grandma Leigh (Dan's mom). She insisted that grandma take her over there (thanks grandma I know that it made you nervous!) The next one is of Hailey chatting it up with the lane judge while waiting for her name to be called (She actually started walking on before her name was even called!). The next one is of Hailey waiting at the awards ceremony saying, "I won, I won!". The last one is of Hailey with her TROPHY. She won Queen!!! How fun and exciting for her at her first competition. I think that dance competitions are going to be something that we continue to do for a while because you all know how much I love them and know Hailey loves them to!! I am thrilled for my little girl to start dancing in competitions more regularly because she loves it. Thanks to Abby for making us go with her and her sisters and for Miss Neika for the FABULOUS dance from class last year! I also put a video of her solo on here for all of you to see.

7 comments:

moller99 said...

Good job Hailey! What a fun experience for her to have!

Our Family said...

go hailey woop woop

Kirk, Mandii, Hunter & Taylor said...

Oh how fun!! Haily looks just like a mini Mindy out there, I LOVE it!!

Heidi said...

Wow Mindy, she looks just like you. I can't believe it! She is darling and congratulations.

The Laris Legacy said...

It was so nice to finally meet you!! Hailey is so cute and she did so good!! it was a ton of fun, you really should come out to the next one!!
Good Job Hailey!!!!


Ashley (Abby's sister)

eric and erika said...

She looks like she is LOVING it!! How fun that she won Queen!

The Kaumos said...

I am so glad she had such a good time, just wish I could have been there!! She looks beautiful!!!