Friday, April 10, 2009

I told you SO!!!

We went on a Fabulous trip to Moab this weekend for the annual Jeep Safari! It is something that WE love to do with Dan's family. I will post pictures of everything else later, but I had to post these pictures of what happened THE FIRST DAY ON THE FIRST TRAIL. I hope that all of you realize that I am writing this post on Friday afternoon while my husband makes repairs to our brand new truck! So Here is how the story goes..... We were headed up this small obstacle on Fins and Things. While Dan was going up to we heard a little pop (pops of any sort are NOT GOOD when on a trail). We looked and didn't see anything wrong and didn't think much of it. So we continued on. The next obstacle that we came to has been Dan's menace for many years because the last time we attempted it in our Tahoe, we were not successful. It is just hard if you have a long vehicle..hmmmm. So, the wise wife(me) says to her husband (Dan) "Maybe we shouldn't try this one this year because your truck is longer than the Tahoe and I am afraid that we are going to end up in a bad situation with the truck and I really DO NOT WANT to pay for it." Husband says, "I will never know if I can get up it in my truck if I do not try it." Good nice wife says "Okay if you really want to try, but be careful. I think that I will get out an watch." Husband says, "Am I going to hit? I think that I am to long." hmmmm (This probably would be a good time to back out honey and not go any further, but that did not happen because I did not say anything.) Watch this video to find out what happened next. Watch the front left tire and just remember that popping is not good!
Dan broke his CV axle. Which is basically the mechanism that allows your vehicle to go into 4WD. BUMMER!! You cannot be in Moab going on Jeep Safari without 4WD. Luckily it is not a horrible thing to break because you can still drive the vehicle it is just only 2 WD! It took about 45 minutes of repairs to make it in driving shape and then we were off. Dan with his broken part. Well, part of it. This is proof that he was to long to fit. The white mark on the rocks is from Dan's Hitch.

Last, Andy had to tow Dan out of the trail because he no longer had 4WD. This was a very prideful moment for Andy.
I just have to tell all of you that I was the nice kind wife and did not say a word to Dan after it happened until we were driving back and he was over it. All in all I think that we made it out well!

8 comments:

Kirk, Mandii, Hunter & Taylor said...

Man, what a way to start out Jeep Safari!! Kirk and I decided not to go this year so have SUPER DUPER fun for us - that's where we met so we love any chance we can get to make it back for Easter weekend~ Stay safe!!
P.S. You are the GOOD WIFE;)

Our Family said...

leigh is hallarious on the video!!! glad it's under warrenty cause that makes it funny!! other wise it would suck...and no body damage from the incident deffinitly good. glad you posted so i can feel a little bit like i'm having fun with you all. be careful dano and rememeber wife is usually right lol j/k i would have wanted to try it too. but still mindy is wise!!!

Michelle said...

Burke and I laughed soo hard when we saw this!! Glad it all worked out in the end! Have fun! (And Mindy, I must say you are good to hold your tongue and let your hubby be a boy . . .)

Our Family said...

this advice is very good a true!! I think i was just mad that Andy didn't think to call to tell me he would be later then he thought which would have been fine if he stayed longer. i just would have then known, and then i wouldn't have left my family that was visiting and come home to an empty house while he is just beginignhis trip home. I know you understand cause you have lived throuogh staying home longer then me. I just don't see why women can't take an over night trip i guess while the dudes stay home?

Neika Boulter said...

OHHH so dang funny! our men...."do they ever grow up and stop playing with toys"? Casey wants to get into hill climbing (snowmachine), and I'm just supporting for now and keeping my mouth shut!

Ali Walston said...

We're clad you had fun in Moab. I wish we could have met you there. Let me know when you go again so the girls can go for a night out.

Rose Torres said...

That's awesome! It seriously sounds like something that would happen to us. Send me your email so I can invite you to our blog. my email is rosiecheeks1984@hotmail.com. I'm glad to see you are all doing well.

eric and erika said...

If only they would listen to us smart wives...