Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day and homemade cinnamon rolls!

I thought that it would be sooo nice to treat my family to a yummy batch of homemade cinnamon rolls on Valentines Day. It started off with me by myself, but soon turned into a family affair! Everyone wanted to join when we started rolling out the dough and adding the cinnamon, brown sugar and sugar mixture. The kids thought that it was so much fun spreading the yummy stuff around on the dough!
Hailey continued to play in the sugar while Dan and Ethan marked off 2 inch rolls for me to cut! This is the rolls pre-rise. The kids were going crazy because they didn't realize that we had to still let them rise an hour before we could cook them! The rolls post rise, which actually took 15 minutes extra. This was the stage of complete agony... still 20 more minutes.. how long is this going to take???

The kids watched the rolls the entire time that they were in the oven. You would think that we never feed these poor children! The semi-finished product..... I was not willing to sacrifice my hot from the oven newly frosted cinnamon roll for a picture taking moment! This recipe was absolutely fantastic! In fact, I am making another batch today because we just couldn't get enough of the giant yummy sweet rolls.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! I found an amazing recipe for cinnamon rolls this year and we have made them . . . more times than we should have in the last 6 months! We made them for V-Day in heart shapes-- it was fun!

Angie said...

Those sound really good, where did you get the recipe? Anyway, I picture tagged you! Check out my blog for the instructions:)
Angie

Becky said...

What a fun Valentine's treat! You'll have to send me the recipe!

Kurt and Jasmine said...

There's nothing better than homemade cinnamon rolls!

moller99 said...

What a good idea! Now you have inspired me to make cinnamon rolls!