Thursday, June 5, 2008

Professional Artwork for sale

After we woke up this morning Hailey asked if she could draw some pictures. She is really into drawing "people" right now. They are very accurate and truly to scale as you will see below. The first picture that she brought to me was of Dan and I. The people are appropriately labeled (by Hailey herself)I thought that you might be humored by her expertise. While you are looking at them note the jagged edges of the pages. She cut the pictures out herself and was very proud of her product.


Note the 3 eyes on mom and the small stature of dad compared to mom. I also like how mom has no hair on her head. I really think that she mixed us up when she was writing our names. She then brought me the drawing below of Hailey and Ethan and said "look mom I drew a perfect picture of Ethan and I. I even got his short hair right. And look mom I am still the big sister and Ethan is little." I found that amusing because Ethan is not much smaller than her. I think that it was her way of letting us know that she is the "bigger" sister.



Next, she brought me a picture of Josh and Travis (2 of her uncles). I found this picture to be the best. Josh is the bigger of the two with what Hailey describes as "his big body, short hair and big eyes." She then proceeds to tell me that Travis is "smaller with glasses (that is what the extra lines under and between his eyes are supposed to be.) and long crazy girl hair."



After she brought me all 3 pictures she said "mom I think that we should take these to the grocery store and sell them, they are amazing!"

4 comments:

BAWC said...

so funny and cute!

Shannon said...

what a cutie. You have an amazing artist on your hands. Maybe you should sell them at the grocery. They might be worth money some day...lol

The Benites Family said...

Hey Mindy I just found your blog on April's. You have the cutest family! Hope things are good.
--Tracie (Butterfield) Benites

Becky said...

I love the art work! I did watch some kind of news report once of a child who was paid big money for their drawings - ya never know. Hailey is so cute!