Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A hair cut with mom

For some reason this evening I decided to cut Ethan's hair all by myself. I am usually the one that does it, but Dan is always there as my trusty assistant. You know, to calm the tears and make Ethan happy. He absolutely hates getting his hair cut. We usually wait until it's absolutely necessary to do it. Anyway, it was getting out of control and I decided to do it alone because Dan was at Scouts tonight and the next couple of days were not looking great for getting assistance. I wish that I had a great before picture, but I did not think about taking a picture until I had made several swipes with the clippers and tears were flying.

After feeling guilty, I decided that I needed to do something to help him feel better because we were deep enough into the hair cut that we couldn't stop. So, I tried Nemo on the computer. That worked to get him to stop crying until I started to cut again. He then resorted to yelling at me, "NO,NO, mommy bad!" At that moment I was trying to get his hair wet with a comb and water because he wouldn't let me spray it with a spray bottle. He grabbed the water and started playing in it,"MINE,MINE" he said. So, I gave the water up in hope that it would occupy him. Soon there after Hailey decided that she also need a glass of water to play in that ended up on the floor in a million little pieces, on accident of course. Hailey with a cut toe and crying. All the while Ethan was occupied. Could I seize this moment of hair cutting peace??

After a 1.5 hour hair cut, a broken glass, bleeding toe and many tears, a bath was taken and the hair cut finally over. Ethan even smiled for a cute picture after his bath. I knew that I could conquer this on my own! What a cute little guy!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The haircut looks awesome! I am glad you all survived!!

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

He is so cute. We used to hair cut trauma. Honestly you would think that it actually hurt with each snip of the scissors.

Danielle said...

Wow he's grown up a lot since i saw him last!! He's going to be a little heart breaker!