Thursday, June 12, 2008

Broken or not broken?

Okay so before you look at these pictures I have to fill you in on the story behind them. It was one of those moments that you thought for a second, "maybe I shouldn't let them do this it sounds like a bad idea, someone is going to get hurt" before you let you children do something, but let them do it anyway. I was on the phone with a neighbor of mine and Hailey asked me if she could put a leash on Ethan and play doggy with him. I asked Ethan if he wanted to play doggy and he said yes. So, we clipped the leash onto Ethan's overalls on the metal clasp. At this moment I am thinking that this might be okay (who knows why). They were having so much fun together. They both were very into the game, commands and all. Ethan had sit, lay, shake, ect. perfectly. I thought that it was pretty cute because they were doing together what we do with Tiger. UNTIL, the "someone is going to get hurt" moment arrived. This is how it all went down, literally. Hailey told Ethan "let's go for a walk doggy." Ethan being the good pretend dog that he was being got right up, but instead of walking started running. Hailey (being a good dog trainer) said, "No doggy slow down" and gave the leash a little yank to slow him down. Well... the results were not so good. At that moment Ethan had made it into the kitchen on the hard floors. When Hailey pulled it yanked Ethan straight to the ground where he smacked his face on the floor. I immediately picked him up and found that his nose was bleeding and he was slightly surprised. There was a classic look on his face, "how did that happen, I did not intend that to be the end result." It was around nap time anyway, so I grabbed some ice and his blanky and went to the rocking chair. His nose stopped bleeding pretty quick and he fell asleep really fast. When he fell asleep his nose looked normal, but when he woke up it looked like this.


Note the swollen upper lip and the right side of his nose and eye that are swelling. I think that there will be more pictures to come as the black eyes emerge in the next couple of days.

5 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

Don't you just love the imagination! Andy asked me the other day if he could borrow the nail gun...scary!

Anonymous said...

those pictures are priceless! lol

The Zieglers said...

Oh Poor Ethan! I love how the older sibling always has a great "play" idea and the little one ALWAYS gets hurt! Happens at my house ALL THE TIME! Good thing they bounce back so quick!

annek said...

Glad he's OK. Glad you got pics for the memory!

moller99 said...

Oh No!! That looks like it didn't tickle! I am so sorry. He will always be able to look at those pics and say remember that time you thought it would be fun to play doggy and then you yanked my leash and almost broke my nose. It will be great blackmail.