Thursday, November 5, 2009

Divorce Deer

Imagine this: Your husband and his buddy decide at church that YOU are going to make dinner for everyone on Tuesday so the husbands can split wood together after. You kindly agree because you want nothing to do with splitting of the wood. Keep in mind that your husband planed the evening. Guests are to arrive at 5:30 with dinner at 6:00 (all planned by your husband.) The day comes and you expect that everyone is on the same page about dinner. Your friends arrive on time but your husband is running late. He is the one who is supposed to be grilling the fish for dinner so you start getting a little nervous. So, you call your husband and he says he is on his way home and that work was running a little late but he will be there shortly. 20 minutes later, no husband. So, you call him again he says, "I will call you right back I just shot a deer." What?!?!? I instantly get upset. I try to maintain my composure because we have friends over but I am not happy with him. 10 min. later he calls you back and says, "I am on my way home I will be there in 15 minutes can you start dinner for me?" I fired up the grill and threw on the fish but my unhappiness was obvious. When he got home I told him just what I thought about his little side trek on the way home. He was sorry about it but really proud of his deer. He took the kids and the other husband outside to see it. Hailey came back in and said, "mom it's a baby deer." I never went out and saw it but the pictures show the proof that this deer really was small! I cooled off and we ate dinner with our friends. I jokingly named this deer divorce deer not because I was really that mad but because but because I needed a good name for this story. Divorce deer has become quite a joke in our family. The best part about this "baby deer" was that when Dan took it in to get processed they only charged him for and antelope because it was so small!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: