Saturday, May 23, 2009

She is here!





We had our sweet baby girl Adalyn on Thursday May 21st at 9:13 p.m. I went to the doctor Thursday morning with the hope that they may let me stay and they did!! The Labor and Delivery Unit was full that morning when I got there, so we had to wait until 6 p.m. for a room to open up! They gave me a little prostaglandin gel to get me started and at 8p.m. they broke my water. Adalyn entered the world at 9:15 with just a nurse, Dan and myself in the room. I think that this is becoming a trend because I have yet to have my doctor present at a delivery. It was a very different experience for both Dan and I because we had so much time to wait and anticipate what was going to happen that day. (We were at the hospital almost 7 hours before they did anything with me!) I got so nervous and excited that my blood pressure started going up before they even got me a delivery room! Dan and I both agree that this was the easiest and smoothest delivery that I have yet to have (the other 2 were not bad). I am sure it is mostly because our LITTLE TINY BABY was only 5lbs 11oz and 18 inches long! She looks just like Hailey did as a newborn babe, but just a tad smaller! I was proud of myself because I didn't even beg for pain medicine this time(with Hailey and Ethan I begged at the very last minute for something and it was always to late). I had a fantastic nurse that was reassuring the entire time. I think that she new as much as I did that things were getting close dispite the fact that the doctor was chilling in her office saying "I am sure she isn't that close she was only a 5 an hour ago!" But I sincerely was and when the urge to push continued to come, she was as calm as could be calling the doc and reporting to her what was going on. Finally the doctor agreed to come over from her office, but she was just a little late. Adalyn wouldn't wait for her to get there! I feel faboulous and Adalyn is doing great. They discharged us from the hospital a little over 12 hours after she was born and we headed home. We have been home for almost a day now and they kids love holding her and touching all of her (as Ethan would say) "Tiny tiny" parts.




14 comments:

Angie said...

She is beautiful and so tiny! We haven't had ours yet, but hopefully soon:) Congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats!

BAWC said...

Hooray! congratulations! she is so tiny and beautiful. you continue to amaze me with your pregnancies and labor/deliveries!! she and rachelle's new baby are only 1 day apart :)

Hayden said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! I can't believe how big your other kids are too! You guys have a beautiful family! Take care!

Joey and Kira said...

Congrats Dan & Mindy!!! She is very cute and very tiny!!! We wish we could be there to see her in person!!!!

Michelle said...

So happy it all went so well for you! What a beautiful little one :)

Levi and Cassie Mallory Family said...

Congrats. We are so excited for our new little guy to get here I can hardly stand it. I washed baby clothes the other day and Levi made fun of me for "nesting"

Neika Boulter said...

I love her name! I'm so glad you got to stay and have your baby! Hailey did awesome at the recital! Missed you!

moller99 said...

She is beautiful! It is so crazy to have such a tiny little babe. They just seem so fragile. It takes me back to when I had Trevor and Ally they were both that same size! Take care of the both of you!

Anonymous said...

She's georgous! She does look like Hailey! I love the name. Call me next time you come here, and we'll get together! Still missing you guys...
Amber

The Lambert Family said...

So cute! I think she looks like Hailey.

Sarah said...

Yay! Congratulations on another beautiful baby. :)

Shannon said...

Mindy, she is adorable. Wish I could be there to see her. I cant believe how great you look in the hospital. Way to go Mom!!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Congratulations! She is super cute and tiny! Did you go natural?? That is so awesome! I want to do that on my next one...we'll see.