Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our poor dog


So, we have been having this problem with Tiger taking little breaks form our property to go and visit the neighborhood houses. He is a great dog and this is the ONE thing that drives us crazy about him because WE CANNOT BREAK HIM of the habit. I always wonder what mischief he is getting into while he is there because he always brings us back mementos. A friend of ours sent us this story below and I think that maybe it is answer to the problem that we have been having with him. It really helped me to understand what he is probably up to!
An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his
collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then
followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the
corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and
resumed
his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour.

This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the
owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that
almost
every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his
collar:

'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying
to
catch up on his sleep.

Can I come with him tomorrow?'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come with him too?

BAWC said...

Oh that is so cute! My parents have a neighbor dog that comes almost every day to hang out and get some treats then he heads home. They really look forward to little "Gus" coming over so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you have mean neighbors :)

Ali Walston said...

That is hilarious. What a sweet dog. It was so fun to see you guys. I'll send pictures as soon as I can. You're the best. and thank you so much again for that headband. i need to get more now. I can't keep it off of her.

Michelle said...

That is a great story :)