Monday, August 10, 2009

Lake Powell

During our extended stay in Moab, we took a day trip to Lake Powell for some fun in the sun. We left early Wednesday morning for the 2 hour drive down. Once we got there, we wasted no time getting in a playing. The kids were a tad hesitant at first, but soon got aquainted with the water. Hailey and I decided on the way down that she would try and kneeboard by herself. WE took some time when we first got there trying to teach her how to get up on the board. She was scared to death of sitting up on her knees on the board because it kept tipping over. So, she ended up just lying on the board getting pulled behind the boat. I was shocked to see her do that because she did not like to be in the water by herself. She did great though and loved it. Ethan talked about doing until it was his turn and he chickened out. We sepnt most of the time swimming, jumping off of the boat and tubing. Hailey and Ethan LOVED tubing!! Josh, Jason and Travis spent a part of the day wrestling over the knee board... I am not sure who won but they were entertaining to watch. Ethan also learned that he could pee of the back of the boat if he stood on the platform. Watch out if you are in the water! Josh had my camara for a while and we ended up with a million picture which is great becuase we have so many that we love! Ady wasn't so fond of the heat, so I stuck her little feeties in the water off of the back of the boat. I think I about gave Leigh (my mother in law) a hear attack by doing it, but it cooled little Ady off and made the rest of her day much better. We loaded up the boat right at dark and headed back. The next morning Hailey woke up and asked "Can we go to Lake Powell again today?" I think that she and Ethan both had a great time! Thanks for the great trip!





















7 comments:

Our Family said...

That trip looks sooo fun I love that pic of papa TODD!! I should have just drove up there anyway!! GLad everyone is going this weekend

Anonymous said...

Cute! Looks like so much fun. I'm jealous. Move back :)

moller99 said...

So fun Mindy! If your hubby has to be gone that is a great way to spend your time!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Holy cow I haven't seen Jason forever. Crazy! I love tubing so much!! Hey what's your email? I'm going private. If I already do it before you get this, email it to me at natalie_1306@hotmail.com

kdance10 said...

Hey mindy it's kaycee. Had fun in park city with you guys today. Keep in touch! Your kids are darling:)

eric and erika said...

Looks like so much fun. I love the pic of you wispering to Hailey in the water...Precious!!

The Lambert Family said...

How fun! I love Lake Powell!