Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dan and Public Restrooms

I have to preface this story by telling all of you that Dan HATES public bathrooms. I do not love them, but he absolutely HATES them. He is a tad of a germophobe. He went to the store last night with Hailey and Ethan. Before he left, he made both of them go to the bathroom at home so that they would not go at the store.. (haha) They had been at the store maybe five minutes and the following incident unfolded:
Ethan: "Daddy I neea go peepee."
Dan:" You just went at home Ethan you do not need to go. You can wait until we get back home."
Ethan "ok dad."

Five minutes later:
Hailey: "Dad I need to go pee."
Dan: "Can you please wait until we get home?"
Hailey: "Sure I guess."
Ethan: "Daddy I a gonna poo poo in me pants."
Dan: " Okay guys lets go to the bathroom." (In complete disgust. Does he not realize yet after three kids that they have to pee in every public place that you enter?)

They proceed to go the the bathroom and Dan heads to the stall to help Hailey first. After he gets her situated, he goes to help Ethan.
Ethan: "Daddy I pee on my shurs."
Dan: "How did you pee on your shirt son? You need to aim your pee into the potty not at your shoes."
Ethan: "No daddy I pee on my shurs, see look it's wet."
Dan: "Oh you peed on your shirt? How did you manage that?" (In a slightly frustrated voice)
Ethan:(Almost in tears)"But daddy I pee on me fohed to."
Dan: "what? You peed on your forehead?"
Ethan: "Ya, Can you change a my shurs?"
Dan: "I don't have another shirt for you buddy, it will be fine. It will dry."
Ethan: "But daddy it's dudy (dirty) with pee pee."
Dan: "Sorry I will clean you up the best I can and then we will change it when we get home."
Ethan: "what about me forhed?"
Dan: "We can wash it."
Ethan: "okay daddy."

After cleaning up and eventually getting out of the bathroom Dan and the kids run into several people in the store that we know and Ethan proceeds to tell them with a smile.. "I pee on my shurs in the bathroom!" Dan would quickly move along so that he would not tell them that he peed on his shirt and forehead in the bathroom. Most people thought that he was just saying that he peed on his shoes. Being the parents of a 3 year old little boy is wonderful and entertaining at the same time. I cannot imagine what life would be like with out him! And just so you know, he never went poo poo or finished peeing all of the way because he was so distraught about the incident. They ended up going back to the bathroom before coming home so that he could actually take care of business!

7 comments:

Higleys said...

Classic.

moller99 said...

Ahhh the joys of public restrooms! Tell Dan he is not alone. I will let my kidneys fail before I will enter a restroom in public. But no with three kids I have so had to swallow my fear!

Neika Boulter said...

oh funny! maybe I'm glad I don't have boys... although I'm jealous that they can pee on the side of the road and in bushes... sometimes that sounds so convienent!

Shannon said...

hahahehe.. I am totally laughing out loud. I LOVE it! HOpe you are all doin well.

Our Family said...

I can just hear ethans pronounciation perfectly from here!!! that is too funny!! Andy fights me whenever he needs to take Karlee to the publics. He will tell you they have poo on the seats before he even sees the pottys

eric and erika said...

Hilarious!! Poor Dan.
Loved the pics of Adalyn. Shes beautiful. Congrats!
If you ever drop by Ut again...Tara and I were thinking it would be fun to get together for a little reunion! Can you believe we have already been out of nursing school for 5 yrs!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you or your family, but when I stumbled upon this story I felt some very common bonds...the love for our children, the extreme dislike of pulic potties, and the uncomfortable combination of them both! Your story is hilarious and heart-warming at the same time! As parents, we sacrifice at our children's early ages so that we may torture them as they do us in their teen years! What a great memory to relive at their teenage b-day parties!